Position: Composite Design Engineer
Purpose: Produce innovative, intelligent designs for Composite Production, in a timely manner with respect to project schedules, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight, and function.
- Produce accurate 3D models, preliminary layouts, laminating production details, in line with scheduled release dates.
- Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of Composite parts and / or data submittal to the customer
- Act as a shop liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise
- Identify problems and develop solutions
- Maintain awareness of emerging solutions and technologies that may be applied to Composite manufacturing
- Collaborate with vendors to examine supplier lead times, costs and availability for parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product being designed
- Maintain and build relationships with customers
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Regular Hours of work: Normally 7:00AM – 4:00PM Mon-Fri; Weekends and Holidays as scheduled by Management.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in design engineering
- Must have a sound understanding of how to use CAD/CATIA software to design in composites
- Basic understanding of tolerances and their implications in the Composite manufacturing process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Positive attitude, can do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines